Twas the Day After Christmas

Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house plenty to do and thankfully no mouse!

We had a video call with Hubby’s son yesterday. Daughter-in-law is sick with bronchitis and sinus infection but not COVID. They are otherwise fine. My aunt and second cousin back home tested positive. We do not know my uncle’s status. He’s in his 80’s and not in the best of health.

We also spoke with Hubby’s daughter yesterday and saw on video the kids opening gifts. The baby is content with wrapping paper and big brother is wired! He’s such a joy.

Last night was Zoom time with my family back home. I saw my son’s face a time or two in the video frame. Everyone there in food comas. My brother kept falling asleep. Mom’s sour cream shirt was a hit as well as my niece’s shirt about her having opinions. Son was very happy with his gifts, especially ones that were a nod to his Dad’s military service. His Dad died young and our son was eleven years old. Son, now a grown man, will have to have surgery on his wrist as some point. His tendon is floating about without an anchor. I worry he’ll procrastinate further.

Hubby has been without pain meds for more than a week now due to the incredible burden put on the Postal Service during this pandemic. He seems to be progressing downward the past two weeks. Home PT has ended.

The lumbar puncture was done November 24th. This Tuesday will be five weeks since it was done. Results were supposed to be available in two weeks. I will call neurology on Monday to check on them. I see my PCP Tuesday. He may call again as well. We’re tired of waiting. We’re tired of this pandemic.

Hubby bought “all my girls” a hug ring. It’s adjustable and has two hands in a hug position. I have had ONE hug from someone other than Hubby in the past nine months. He bought me water bug slippers with eyes and six legs. I love them. His guitar pic made from a quarter has not yet arrived but I did get him lightweight shoes and a gel cushion to make walking and sitting a little less uncomfortable. I did get him a few fun gifts as well.

I still miss my family. I miss normalcy. I miss my husband so much. We did so many things together and it was fun. We’ve been married 4 1/2 years and we’re retired. We don’t know if this is MS or some other autoimmune disease or even a neuromuscular disease. We just want answers and treatment. It’s been going on for nearly three years. Seriously, it’s time for answers.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s